Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Friday, August 03, 2007

PokerTracker

I finally found someone who was willing to sit with and instruct me on the basic setup process for PokerTracker. I've never used any kind of statistical tracking device before, (I dont count sites like thepokerdb in the same category as they only show overall results) but so far it seems amazing. I'm looking forward to building up a large sample of data on some of my regular opponents. Thank you very much to Dyzalot for the help.

On a related note, I'm completely baffled that this software is legal, and I believe anyone who doesnt use it loses some advantage. (I've got no idea what the percent is, but it is something.) Obviously, as long as its legal, I'll continue using it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dantana said...

there's actually a book on how to use it.

http://www.pokertrackerguide.com/

by the way, i wish i could leave a comment without having to sign in to my blogger account.

- Dan M

9:39 PM  
Blogger murf99 said...

I tried PT/AH and found it too much hassle for MTTs. Every time u get moved in a tourney u have to reset the stats. Like I said this can become a huge hassle especially when multi-tabling.
I do think it would be a great tool for sngs and cgs.

Anyway gl, love the blogg, wish u'd post more often.

10:26 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Hey Ari, welcome to the 21st century, man. The PT guide is great. But you should also invest in PokerAce HUD. It's the one that actually displays the stats on your screen as you play so you don't have to use the PT tourney time windows.

If you're playing cash games you can open a bunch of windows and data mine your opponents for hours. Then when you actually want to pick a table to sit out you can look for the biggest fish in your database.

If you're looking at using PT for MTTs then one thing you can do is open as many tables as you can in the background so that when you get moved you might already have some data on the players at that table and not have to start from scratch. Just make sure that your stats update when playing on Stars because sometimes they will still show the old table and you will need to un-select it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

11:47 AM  
Blogger BodogAri said...

i have pokerace hud too, it is obv sweet, although I'm still having some issues.

12:21 PM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Josh from PA is great about answering questions on the forum and fixing problems in beta releases.
If you need help shoot me an email at kajagugu (at) bellsouth (dot) net.

HUD has some weird quirks that I have figured ways around.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

You should read Hayek's "The Road to Serfdom." You'd like it a lot.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Will Palango said...

welcome to the world of online poker ARI! hahhah no jk, but why did it take u so long to get the software? its so amazing and so helpful

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home