Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Sunday, May 06, 2007

So with all my talk of bubbling and trying to bubble, you'd think I might take getting knocked out on the bubble well. The truth is a little farther, I hate getting so close, and not hitting. However, I realize that is what it takes...

which is all an intro to what happened last night. 5 paid in the UB 100Rebuy (the days of UB being a major site are almost for sure numbered) and I got sixth. The interesting part was that I actually had the best hand when the money went in. (I can't remember the last time I was called on the actual bubble (1 away) and showed the best hand.) The other tourney i bubbled was the 20R, and there I went out in a more normal way, when my 109 couldnt beat aq.

Speaking of UB, I've broke my DB curse. Ever since thepokerdb.com started tracking UB tournies, I'd never been able to cash for more than double my buyin. We are talking about over 6 months, with nothing to show. Of course, I wasn't playing much on the site- partially due to the bad run, and partly to a general dislike of UB- either way, it hurt, and breaking out of that slump is sweet. I cashed 3 tournies in a row, winning one of them for 4k, and having scores of about 1k in the other 2. I'm still down on UB since the DB started tracking it, but its a huge step in the right direction. Of course that 100R last night woulda been real helpful..

In live tournies, my Bellagio trip didnt go as planned and other than winning a satellite to the main event there (25k buyin) - which I proceeded to donk * out of early in day 2 - and a meaningless cash in the nightly 1k. Next stop is Las Vegas again for the WSOP and the surrounding tournies. Hopefully I can make a dent in the live poker world this trip.

* Folded to me on the button, I had just come to a new table, and I 3X'd BB w/ a8. The SB folded, and the BB reraised to about 10-12BB's. He had me covered, and when I reraised all in (for about 65BB's) he insta called me aa. An 8 on the flop just provided me wtih some fake hope.

9 Comments:

Blogger Avner said...

Nice post bro, keep on posting!
check out my new post in my blog

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jarooty said...

Ari - keep up the good work. Tough luck on your donk from the 25k. I think though, it's the fact that you're able to make that kind of move that makes you sucessful in the poker world. 95% of players insta-muck A8 there, and if he doesn't have exactly AA(or maybe KK) you're picking up those extra 10bb without a fight. I'll be rootin for ya in the WSOP.
-Jason
jarooty.blogspot.com

6:27 AM  
Blogger Marketing Man said...

Hey mate.. it's yoilish.

I've been meaning to call you but I plan to be in NY for a few days around the beginning of June. Moishe Hendel's wedding is on the 5th. You gonna be in town?

6:57 AM  
Blogger rm said...

Aryeh:

Just came across your blog - hope all is well with you. Say hi to your family

Rich - from the old neighborhood

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

replica watches, ugg boots, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, chanel handbags, burberry, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp, louboutin shoes, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike free, jordan shoes, sac longchamp, uggs on sale, louboutin, nike free, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, prada outlet, air max, christian louboutin outlet, tory burch outlet, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, replica watches, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, prada handbags, michael kors, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co

8:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors, hermes, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, michael kors, nike roshe, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, north face, nike air max, mulberry, coach outlet, nike air max, ugg boots, nike free run uk, north face, replica handbags, nike air max, sac guess, michael kors outlet, lululemon, true religion jeans, abercrombie and fitch, nike blazer, hollister pas cher, michael kors, new balance pas cher, hogan, oakley pas cher, kate spade handbags, true religion outlet, coach outlet, air force, burberry outlet online, vanessa bruno, ugg boots, timberland, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, coach purses, lacoste pas cher, hollister, burberry, ralph lauren uk, ray ban uk, michael kors

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

insanity workout, celine handbags, gucci, baseball bats, birkin bag, beats by dre, new balance, converse, abercrombie and fitch, mont blanc, converse outlet, jimmy choo shoes, vans, nike roshe, reebok shoes, north face outlet, hollister, oakley, wedding dresses, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, nike air max, nike huarache, ghd, nike trainers, louboutin, mac cosmetics, bottega veneta, asics running shoes, timberland boots, vans shoes, ralph lauren, hollister, instyler, longchamp, nfl jerseys, lancel, nike air max, babyliss, iphone cases, p90x workout, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, lululemon, north face outlet, herve leger, hollister, ray ban, valentino shoes, soccer jerseys

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, ugg boots uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, hollister, marc jacobs, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, replica watches, canada goose, moncler, swarovski crystal, links of london, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, thomas sabo, karen millen, pandora jewelry, moncler, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, coach outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, pandora charms, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, pandora charms

8:55 PM  
Blogger شركة رواد الحرمين said...

بموقع مؤسسة الحرمــين فخدماتنا ليس لها بديل واسعارنا ليس لها مثيل ،ولدينا فريق عمل يتصل مع العملاء على جسور الثقه
شركه تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
والصدق والامانه فى العمل ، وهدفنا هو ارضاؤك وراحتك ، لا تقلق ونحن معك

شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل
لا تجهد نفسك ونحن تحت امرك ورهن اشارتك .
أبرز خدمات مؤسسة الحرمــين للمقاولات العامة بالدمام والرياض

شركه عزل فوم بالدمام


شركه عزل اسطح بالاحساء

شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home