Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Interview

Here is the link. An interesting side note is that the interviewer, "Ozone23" has absolutely been killing online poker recently with at least 2 final tables of the Bodog Sunday tourney (2nd in both if I recall correctly.)

I haven't been blogging much recently, but that's not to say Ive been playing much at the WSOP. Unfortunately the summer is basically over, and I only got to play 3 wsop events, (and the main which is coming up.) At least I've been getting in some good results online.

I have officially moved to Las Vegas, so I'll definitely be playing more live poker in the coming year. I am very confident that I will begin to show some very nice live results, but the nature of tournament poker is such that my confidence can easily go down the drain. I continue to only have one goal poker wise, and that is to play to the best of my ability.

In Kosher Las Vegas news, the Chinese restaurant here (Shalom Hunan) has been renamed Hunan and is no longer kosher. It was a lot of fun taking a cab out there, seeing the sign- with "Shalom" crossed out- only to take the cab right back home. All you entrepreneurs out there, we need more kosher places out here. That's what I miss most about New York (their plethora of kosher eateries), but having a pool in my backyard, playing online poker in the sun, and being 15 minutes away from tons of live action definitely make up for that. However, If anyone does decide to open up another kosher place out here, I can guarantee one customer:)

8 Comments:

Blogger ------- said...

wow, didn't realize you were moving... i'll be out for the main event though. we should meet up if i don't run into you...

davebreal.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Adam Szental said...

hey mate! abem here. Coming to Vegas beginning of September! hope we can catch up

3:06 PM  
Blogger Razboynik said...

Good luck with the move to Vegas !

2:58 AM  
Blogger Scott Wasserman said...

Hey Ari, I have a question for you about the Main Event. If you last until Day 5 and 6 which will be on the Sabbath, will you play? I have never seen an observant Jew have to make such a decision and I'd be interested in how you would handle it.
Best of luck in the tournament!
Scott

5:31 PM  
Blogger Joe Montealvo said...

hey ari. i was the guy you made lay down kk today on day 1 of the main event ;). i had no idea that was you. i have heard of you as i've play online often. if ida known it was you, and after reading up more about you, i definitely would of made that call. lol. i made a horrible play there that took me out with 88. level 2 and 3 was just brutal for me, and i was probably a little impatient right there. but anyway, hope u make it far in the event, and hope to talk to you again. my name is houstonroyal on pokerstars. God bless.

joemontealvo@Hotmail.com

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yo!

This is Max, brother of Alex - we met a while back in NY, and hung out a bit while you were visiting LA. Anyway, I found yer blog through google, and I was looking because Alex is actually going to be in Las Vegas this evening - he had a stopover there on his way to LA, but a late flight means he's going to be spending the night. Anyway, if you get this in the next couple of hours, email me at iakdhj2ppj@instig8.com (wierd, yeah, but it's disposable - I don't wanna post my email address for everyone to see!) and I'll get his phone number to you, or you can give me yours and I'll get it to him.

Hope Vegas is treating you well.

-M

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yo ari. what up dude, its jacob, josh's brother. its been a while. havent seen you since you 2nd st dorm. going to chill with brown later this week. I was just out in vegas but had no idea you were there. anyways good luck dude and let me know when you making a trip back home. hit me up and let me know where i should be playing in ac. email is wallach@fordham.edu

peace dude
Jacob

7:42 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

Hey Ari, great interview.

BTW, I think there's a Kosher Deli inside Ceaser's. Very NYC style.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home