Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I've been thinking...

I bluffed off my chips in the stars nightly 150 tonight to one of the best players on the internet, westmenloaa. Why do I do those kind of things?

In the 25k, for the few hours that I sat with Chip Reese he opened virtually every pot, and almost never got resistance. Of course I was sitting 2 to his right, so there wasn't much I can do. ZeeJustin was sitting 2 his left, and wasnt really looking to get in pots with him it seemed. I was thinking, if I had been in his seat, I'd be reraising often, then again, I bluffed off my stack while ZeeJustin went deep in yet another tourney, coming back from a very short stack to start day 2. (When I played with him)

I'm off to AC this week, not sure yet what I'm gonna play, but there a couple of series going on, then soon its vegas time.

Tommorow is Sunday, hopefully good things happen.

In the course of this post I got bad beat out of 2 tournies. That's Poker!

edit: i bubbled the 11pm UB $100. 20 paid, with 21 left, UTG+1 limped for 600, a big stack raised to 2500 utg+2, and I pushed from the cutoff for 10500 with aq. The raiser had ak, and his kicker held. Going into the hand I was sitting 12/21. Definately a questionable play, but mainly because the big stack had not really been getting out of line. Still I'm sorta happy to go out on the bubble trying to accumulate chips. It'd be sick if he had rags, and folded them even with the odds, thinking that I must have a monster to push on the bubble as a mid-short stack.

So I've busted out of everything tonight, except the 50 1 rebuy/addon on Stars, where I'm sitting 2/32 on break 2. (144 entered) One tiiiiiiiiiiiiime.