Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Monday, October 02, 2006

Congress

has voted to make the financing of online poker accounts illegal, which basically puts an end to my poker career. Officially, I am in a "wait and see" mode, but I will be starting up a job search when I get back to the USA later on this week. Not exactly the way I planned on ending my lovely vacation in Australia and New Zealand. If anyone has any good ideas/job leads for me, I'd be very appreaciative if you emailed me at BodogAri-at-gmail.com (Supposedly, that's the way of avoiding spam mail.)

It is said, that G-d works in mysterious ways, I sure hope this is an example of one of them. To say I am in a state of shock would be true. One week ago, I thought the entire idea of banning online poker was scare-talk by those paranoid, today it feels like a very bad dream. I certainly feel betrayed by the conservative party in power (whatever happened to less government is better?) although I'm not sure having someone like Hillary (video games kill people) Clinton in power would be better? It is simply amazing that in a democracy a voting citizen can feel this helpless.

2 Comments:

Blogger sprstoner said...

vote libertarian man... they care about our rights....

www.lp.org

check out the faq and the issues

screw republicans and dems... they all voted for this... im pissed.

gl on the job thing

12:06 PM  
Blogger subjewd said...

brother, thats crazy news. I actually can't belive it. Although, I do belive that someone who has a brain like yours will be on to the next best thing soon enough.see you in jerusalem in december.peace.moisha

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home