Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday afternoon Musings

The internet poker world is aflame after the mega e-wallet netteller closed its business to US customers as the main middleman between them and the internet poker sites. I am very concerned as to how this will effect the long term profits of my business, but still remain optimistic that a solution will be worked out. Of course, if our main lobbyists have been the PPA, we probably have been doing ourselves a huge disservice. Everyone knows that not enough was done to stop the anti-gambling forces, but this post on twoplustwo really upset me.

In other news, Michael J. Totten, ie: the best independent journalist out there, writes about his travels to the Hezbollah heartland in Lebanon.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. The once great artist Cat Stevens helps me enjoy and afternoon coffee and smoke with this lovely song. How disappointing to know, he'd rather have me dead nowadays than chilling to his music. I guess I don't feel too bad about the songs I have of his on my computer (that I obviously paid top dollar for...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ari,

Found your blog recently and read every entry from earliest to most current. Fan of your poker playing, mindset re: the game and your politics. Between Frist and Bush trying to fight a PC war in the Middle East, I may become a card carrying member of the Libertarian party!! Keep posting!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you think this is the end of internet poker as a profitable source of income?

I'm not too thrilled with the state of affairs. I think I'll be happy if I can even get my money off of Bodog at this point.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Tim S said...

Hey Ari,

Was that you on Live at the Bike a while back taking a large pot off Corporation Mike with a straight A-10? That was sweet. The game looks so loose there.

Tim

2:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

saw that you linked my video and just wanted to say thanks and how i'm ashamed that you're the real deal and i'm a wannabe -- but maybe soon, one day, i'll see you at the same virtual table :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home