Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Updates

Out at Pokerroom and SunPoker. In Bodog had 2 interesting hands. I've been playing preety tight and my loose table. I get 99 in mid position with a 2400 stack (start with 2500), blinds are 20-40, so i raise to 120 and get 2 callers (one of them a blind), the flop comes out q 9 4, with a flush draw. The blind checks, I bet 240, and it goes fold, and then the blind calls. The turn is another 4, and after he checks, I bet 520, trying to make him pay, if he has a draw, and make him think he's good if not. He goes all in and i quick call and see qj and hold.

A bit later, i get qq, with the same blinds, 3rd to act pre, i triple the blinds to 120, and the button reraises to 300. This is an interesting situation, and i really was not sure how to play it the whole hand. I just flat call pre. The flop comes out 996 (2 diamonds), and i check, he bets 520, and i call. The turn is an ace of diamonds, i check again (I have no diamond in my hand) and as he's thinking about what to do, i figure he must have either kk or jj. (He is a solid player, that I believe would not reraise with worse, in fact hard for me to even include jj in his range) So I decide that I'm gonna raise if he bets, bec. it'll be very hard for him to call with both the flush ace, and 99 out there. He ruins my plans by checking. The river comes a 5, now i have a problem, i'm really not so confident, that if i bet, he will fold kk. After waiting a bit, I decide to check, and i was really thinking that he must have kk at the time, so i think i woulda folded to over 50% of his river bets. But luckily for me, he checks with jj, and i win a medium size pot. Sitting at 5500 now. with ave of 3500.

Just raised with 33 on button, when it got folded to me. Blinds are 30-60 made it 200, by accident instead of my usual triple, small blind quickly goes all in for 5k. I'm 80% sure he has ak, but he could also have a bigger pair, given that there is very little in the pot, i make an easy fold in my mind. He proudly shows his ak sooooooted. I know according to tourney theory u can't call in those situations, but sometimes i will, it requires more than 80% read, and better situation, but can happen. UB 500 has begun, nothing eventful in first half hour, and i couldn't be happier.

4 Comments:

Blogger BodogAri said...

ty safe.

Update: I got 8460 at Bodog and average is 8300. In UB 500 I have 1975 and average is 3050

12:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, louboutin, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike free run uk, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, burberry outlet online, ralph lauren uk, hermes, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors outlet, north face, hollister pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, michael kors, tn pas cher, michael kors, timberland, sac guess, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, hogan, burberry, air force, nike roshe, mulberry, lululemon, north face, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, replica handbags, vanessa bruno, michael kors, hollister, coach outlet, coach outlet, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, kate spade handbags, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, coach purses, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

birkin bag, north face outlet, hollister, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, converse outlet, nike air max, lancel, baseball bats, gucci, reebok shoes, giuseppe zanotti, soccer shoes, herve leger, mcm handbags, iphone cases, ghd, soccer jerseys, longchamp, beats by dre, vans shoes, vans, ralph lauren, mont blanc, ray ban, ferragamo shoes, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, new balance, insanity workout, asics running shoes, oakley, chi flat iron, instyler, nike air max, hollister, louboutin, p90x workout, lululemon, north face outlet, jimmy choo shoes, nike roshe, wedding dresses, nike huarache, hollister, nike trainers, celine handbags, timberland boots

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home