Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2nd in Stars 100

Slightly disappointing as I came into the final table with a monster chip lead. But by the time we got to heads up, I only had a small chip lead and did not prevail. However, overall I'm obviously happy, especially since I've been running very bad at Stars, and the guy I lost to was a well respected pro, Davin Anderson.

Also final tabled the Bodog 30R 25K, where I finished 5. In this tourney there was one guy to my immediate left who was a hyper aggresive loose player, who had a monster chip lead. I was nowhere close to him in chips but had everyone else slightly covered. He raises under the gun a standard amount, and it gets folded to me, i go all with my ak soooted, and he insta calls with 1010, and i lose the race. Obviously, normally the goal is to go for first, but when I get down so deep other dynamics do play a role, and sometimes I have to play tighter than I'd otherwise like in order to move up (more accurately, avoid risking getting knocked out) but I believe this was not one of those cases, and I am satisfied with my move. He is opening with a large variety of hands, and when he makes it (blinds 3k-6k) about 18k to go, and (I have 105K approx) I don't think I have enough chips to flat call, and I believe that I am far ahead of his range, perhaps even dominating him, it was a preety easy decision to go allin. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out. Can't complain with the last couple of days though, been going very well. Gnight.

3 Comments:

Blogger BodogAri said...

it all depends on the pot odds and the range of hands i give them, if i consider a play slightly +ev, i almost always will take it. If u look more carefully at the numbers and the situations, i think u won't be as confused.

BTW, with a2 i raised, and got flatcalled out of the big blind. He then proceeded to bet allin on a xx2 board, and i made a good call, and held.

On the 33 hand, I made an error in judgement, and should have realized that my opponent was tighter.

The k8 was an easy call after I got reraised, and was getting offered great odds, when i find out, its only aj, its all the more +ev.

1:11 AM  
Blogger BodogAri said...

I don't remember the exact hands or numbers anymore, but your memory of the situation appears to be off.

Twice I was all in against 1010, so i'm not sure which one you're talking about.

One time it got folded to me on the button, i raised and the short stack big blind went all in. I called with k5 (pot odds-commited) and spiked a king against his 1010.

The other time, someone opened and I repopped him with aq, he came over the top for barely anything more and I reluctantly call. He has 1010 and holds.

Like I wrote yesterday, my plays were based on the pot odds vs hand ranges of my opponents.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, louboutin, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home