Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Monday, April 17, 2006

In such a bad run right now

that I'm really happy about ft'ing one of those small UB 100 tourneys. Sitting 1/4. These ones ussually pay 8 places, and i've finished 9 or 10'th about 3/4 times over the past week. Notg (Name of the game), but still can be quite fustrating.

Came to the Final table with an average stack, but won 2 big hands, both when i called an allin with the best hand after much thought in both cases, almost timed .

1. I have a2 spades, and i call a mini raise preflop in position. (everyone else folds). The flop comes a74 (rainbow), and i call a pot-sized bet. My opponent goes "auto" all-in on the turn, and after thinking forever, I didn't think he/she would do that with the AK or AQ that was being represented. I call, and hold against some sooted connector, that had flopped 1 pair.

2. I have 107 in the SB, and when it gets folded to me, i complete, and the bb checks. The flop comes 10 8 3 with 2 diamonds. I bet a little less than pot. Turn comes 9C, i bet again, bigger than last time, smaller than pot. River is an 8 (no D), and I check, he then proceeds to go allin, which was a considerable amount bigger than the pot. After almost running out of time. I call to see his a7, and scoop a large pot.

In theory, I made a good call in hand 2, but those sort of calls, have cost me alot too. I'm trying to hone my reading skills, so that i can make these calls, but not the fishie ones.


Edit: Finished 3rd, after losing a bunch of chips, on a couple of weak plays by me, and then, when i was 3rd in chips, but still healthy, i raise from the button with a standard raise (about 2.5 BB with ducks (22), given the UB structure and end of the tourney/high blinds). After the small blind goes all in and the BB folds, i think for a bit, and am preety convinced, I have the best hand at the moment. (Of course with 22, its always gonna be a coin flip, but i'll take it with chips in the pot, and the better end of the flip) He flips aq, and i'm all clear until a river q, gg me.

4 Comments:

Blogger BodogAri said...

i def hear ya. Small pairs, are still a thing i'm considering in my play. I have started doing more stop and go's with them, rather than giving the 2 overs 5 cards to work with. The problem is that, u aren't really sure if they hit they hit the flop, and it is much more "comforting" to know u put your money in with the best hand.

I understand that small pairs are either 50-50 or absolutely smashed, buttttt, when they are ahead, I don't feel like I am a good enough player to simply give up those small edges. I'd rather take it for all it's worth. Best hand, is the best after all... to be continued at some later stage, but please comment, this is something that really needs to be debated...

9:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, louboutin, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike free run uk, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, burberry outlet online, ralph lauren uk, hermes, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors outlet, north face, hollister pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, nike air max, michael kors, tn pas cher, michael kors, timberland, sac guess, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, hogan, burberry, air force, nike roshe, mulberry, lululemon, north face, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, replica handbags, vanessa bruno, michael kors, hollister, coach outlet, coach outlet, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, kate spade handbags, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, ray ban uk, true religion jeans, coach purses, abercrombie and fitch, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher

5:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, swarovski, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, replica watches, moncler, toms shoes, canada goose, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, moncler, wedding dresses, links of london, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, moncler, swarovski crystal, moncler, karen millen, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora jewelry, canada goose, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home