Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Thursday, June 03, 2010

WSOP 2010, Browndog19, training session and Sketchy1 pwnage

I went semi-deep in the limit 08 $1500, ending up in 54th for less than 3x the buyin. My limit 08 game was/is weak, so my poker mentor Andrew "Browndog19" Brown gave me lessons leading up to the event (and during breaks/end of night), and they proved to be extremely useful. Coming from the big bet games, my preflop game was way too loose among other leaks. Thanks for all the help Browndog and congrats on your recent 3rd place Sunday million finish.

Some of my students are starting to trickle into town and while we don't have a wsop final table yet this year, we have had a number of students make deep runs. Hopefully one of us can pull off a bracelet sooner than later. It's great seeing students playing there biggest buyins ever and doing well. If you are interested in joining the growing list of our successful students, The Maven and myself will be running a 2 day training session on June 10th. For more info: click

Big shout-out to my friend and former housemate Jon "Sketchy1" Eaton on getting back to back 2nd and 1st in the FTP and Stars $1,000 respectively (along with a 2nd in the Stars 100 re-buy in between). Awesome accomplishment by a great guy. He played Wednesday's wsop $1500 - so nice of him to give people a chance in the cheating site $1,000. (AP + UB)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home