Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wisdom teeth, HPT tournament and training session

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday. My dad flew in to help me out, as I'm historically a horrible patient. However, the surgery and few days after went as well as I could have imagined. I still haven't eaten any real food, but I'm not in any pain, and the pain that I did have after was mild compared to what I had imagined. I played a couple of superturbos throughout the week, but today was the first day I actually put in a MTT session (played 5-6 tournaments) and luckily I was able to go deep in the $75 6max on Full Tilt. I ended up chip chopping heads up with a tiny chiplead.

Next week the Maven and myself are hosting a group training session, where we will have 4-7 students coming each day to watch us play at Aris Training Center. While here they are free to ask any questions, and we will do our best to explain our thought process behind each move. Historically, our students have performed very well, and we have the highest of expectations for this incoming batch. I feel like I have progressed a ton in the last year as a poker teacher/coach and am looking forward to imparting my poker knowledge to new students throughout this year. Before that happens, this Saturday evening (after Shabbat is over) I will be playing in the Heartland Poker Tour event at the Red Rock. I believe a number of past students will be coming in for that, so it should be a fun mini-reunion, and hopefully one of us can take it down.

All the best and good luck at the tables to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home