Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

TheMavenVT, Main Event FT and Updates

It's been a while since my last update. September was filled with Jewish holidays so I spent a bunch of time traveling to friends and family. Jetblue offered an all you can travel promotion from Sep 8 to Oct 8 for $600, I took full advantage booking more than 10 flights in that time. The downside to all this was my inability to play any Sunday tournaments as they conflicted with the Jewish Holidays. I believe this was my first time missing 4 straight Sundays since I started tournament poker.

I made it home in time for the Caesars Poker Classic, where they ran a 1K heads up tournament. The last time they ran a heads up tournament was in May, and I was able to take it down winning my 2nd WSOPC ring in the process. This tournament didn't go as well - although I did make a deep run - finally falling to eventual winner Chad Brown in the semifinals.

I'm incredibly excited to have been invited by TheMavenVT to participate in the online broadcast of the WSOP Main Event Final Table. TheMavenVT will be launching in early 09, and I'm very happy to be involved with the creation of this new training site. My first video for the site will be my final table earlier this year in the Stars Million, where I chopped 3 way for 116K.

I'm looking forward to action packed November, where I'll be working hard getting TheMavenVT ready for launch. The beginning of the month features the 14th Ftops, and then I'll be heading to Australia for my cousin Ezra's Barmitzvah at the end of the month.

Check out some videos TheMavenVT channel on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMavenVT