Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Had a bad start to the afternoon

but now its looking up. Sitting at the Final table of the small UB 100 tourney (77 players) in 4/8. Also, i'm chip leader in the 30R with 147 people. Won a couple of big pots there (obv). One of them right after the break (I had bare minimum for me at break - 5500) where I tripled up with qq against jj and 55. Then later on I called a min raise from the button with 66, and one of the blinds called to. The flop came a76, with a flush draw, and it went, bet hard, all in, all in by me and all in by third player. They had a7 and kq (nut flush draw). I held and "quaded" to a river 6.

As I typed this, I called a min raise from late position with 44, and 5 saw a flop of 974. The preflop raiser bet out and i raised enought to put him all in. He called with kk and I held extending my CL.

I'm also doing preety well in the Stars 50R, where I'm 3/78. Still a while to go before big money, so now with all the pressure, lets hope I don't collapse... GL me.


Edit: out at UB in 7, when I limped from the SB with a9 soooooooted, and the huge stack BB raised, I decided to go all in to see his ak. GG. Now I gotta win these 2 rebuys.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Maestro said...

Ari (James Taylor is the real name, right),

Thanks so much for the blog. I'm one of the young'uns and your blog is great motivation. Do you think you could post a few more hand histories? I'm trying to catch up to people as I'm having trouble winning $5 MTT.

Thanks again,
Amar

5:51 PM  
Blogger agriffrod said...

James Taylor is his UB Name, but Ari is his real name...Ari's favorite musician is James Taylor

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home