Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Had a bad start to the afternoon

but now its looking up. Sitting at the Final table of the small UB 100 tourney (77 players) in 4/8. Also, i'm chip leader in the 30R with 147 people. Won a couple of big pots there (obv). One of them right after the break (I had bare minimum for me at break - 5500) where I tripled up with qq against jj and 55. Then later on I called a min raise from the button with 66, and one of the blinds called to. The flop came a76, with a flush draw, and it went, bet hard, all in, all in by me and all in by third player. They had a7 and kq (nut flush draw). I held and "quaded" to a river 6.

As I typed this, I called a min raise from late position with 44, and 5 saw a flop of 974. The preflop raiser bet out and i raised enought to put him all in. He called with kk and I held extending my CL.

I'm also doing preety well in the Stars 50R, where I'm 3/78. Still a while to go before big money, so now with all the pressure, lets hope I don't collapse... GL me.


Edit: out at UB in 7, when I limped from the SB with a9 soooooooted, and the huge stack BB raised, I decided to go all in to see his ak. GG. Now I gotta win these 2 rebuys.

1 Comments:

Blogger agriffrod said...

James Taylor is his UB Name, but Ari is his real name...Ari's favorite musician is James Taylor

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home