Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Supernova

I'm now a supernova on Stars, which means that I have played alot this year. (Doesn't say anything about profitablility, although I can assure all my "fan's" out there, that I am having no trouble paying for Kosher Delight deliveries, jk BDA's fan, its all in good fun)

I'm gonna be travelling more (homeless for a while), going down to australia and NZ, but otherwise not quite sure when, what or where. I'll definately still be playing but not the same hours that I have in the past.

The other night, I'm up @ my brothers house in Binghamton NY, and I'm railing the Landlord (as in my former landlord, who goes by that screen name on most major sites) deep in the Party 40k, after I busted from my nightly tournies. He gets into the money with an above average stack when the internet goes down in the entire city. He ends up on the phone with a relative who is not very advanced poker-wise. The conversation that ensues was very interesting, and I think that this is an exercise that can produce alot of benefit.

Most good poker players base alot of their decisions on "feel", and the questions that you ask when you can't see the table allows you to focus in on things that get overlooked when you have everything in front of you. (Alot of you's, its late, and its been a long time since i was in school and had to do things grammatically and all, please excuse) I highly reccomend doing this at least once, and then thinking about the kind of questions that you need answered to play effectively, even without the screen/table in front.

5 Comments:

Blogger not_hans_brix said...

I think he moved down in limits, but he still multi-fast foods when he can.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Disrespect said...

If you're looking to hang out maybe sink a few beers with someone in Australia let me know when you're down here.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jordan Lows said...

HAD this happen to me once it is a disaster i tried to explain to my friend who was a good awful poker player i was at the FT and he managed to get second for me and i gave him a couple extra dollars for his help

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, tiffany and co, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, louboutin outlet, longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, jordan shoes, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, gucci outlet, kate spade outlet, tory burch outlet, tiffany jewelry, prada outlet, air jordan pas cher, louboutin shoes, chanel handbags, nike air max, prada handbags, michael kors, christian louboutin outlet, burberry, longchamp outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, ugg boots, nike outlet, nike free, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, moncler, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, hollister, swarovski, moncler, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora charms, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, montre pas cher, toms shoes, supra shoes, coach outlet, moncler, canada goose, bottes ugg, replica watches, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, links of london, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, moncler

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home