Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wow

I was examing the pokerdb records of a bunch of top online tourney players, and I found something interesting. At first, I was a little shocked/disappointed when i noticed that I have never had an "in the money" streak of more than two tournies in a row. (In the advanced DB, Nat has created a "streak" list, in which it shows how many games in a row u cash/bust. My longest out of the money streak on Stars is 35 tournies.)

However, as I looked at other players profiles this noone seemed to ever cash many times in a row. (Granted most of them had better than 2 cashes in a row as their max, but noone had streaks of 8-10 in a row, which is what I had been expecting.) This all goes back to the back to the fear of failure thing, u really can't gotta be expecting to not cash most of the time in order to make any real money in MTT.

Starting off my day early today, with some 11AM tournies; stars 100 pot limit holdem, and a Dise 30 NL freezeout. Early into both of them, and not doing too well in either.