Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

First Wsop of the year

didn't go too well. Started off real good, when I got put a weak tight table and played aggresively early.

A couple of key hands early:

I got k8 hearts, and after a min raise and a bunch of callers, i call out of the big blind. The flop comes 975 with 2 hearts, and the SB checks, I check, the original raiser checks, and a shortstack bets 40% of his stack, I then reraise an amount that puts him all in. It folds to him, and he folds.

I have q4 hearts, and again there is a min raiser with a couple of callers. I come along for the ride too, and the flop is 875 with 2 hearts. I check, and then the original raiser bets and someone calls from the button, I then reraise an amount pot commiting myself, and I take down the pot without a showdown when they fold.

It gets folded to me on the cutoff and I raise the 25-50 blinds to 150 with a6. Only the BB calls, and we see a flop of j62, it goes check check, and the turn is another 6. The BB bets 300, and I make it 900 to go, she quickly calls. The river is an ace, and she bets 500, and I reraise an amount that puts her all in, she thinks for a while and folds.

I am eventually up to 6700 and end the first break at 5800. I then proceed to donk it all off, and am at home before the end of level 2. Damn, another day hopefully.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad C said...

I met you in the lobby before the event today, not sure if you remember. I wish I had hands worthy of donkng off my chips with.... I took the other route and blinded away with my 2-9s and 3-9s. I would have rather gone out when you did personally instead of floating to the dinner break. Good luck in the rest of the events, I will probably be in the $2K NL event coming up, if not that definately the $2500 NL event after that.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike free run uk, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, coach outlet, true religion outlet, sac guess, hermes, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, ugg boots, hollister, converse pas cher, air force, timberland, nike air max, ugg boots, new balance pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, north face, nike air max, vans pas cher, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, coach purses, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike roshe, burberry outlet online, vanessa bruno, michael kors outlet, burberry, michael kors outlet, mulberry, kate spade handbags, hollister pas cher, nike air max, hogan, lululemon, coach outlet, north face, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, lacoste pas cher, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors

6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike roshe, oakley, babyliss, gucci, valentino shoes, north face outlet, ghd, chi flat iron, insanity workout, lancel, baseball bats, new balance, nike air max, lululemon, nike huarache, hollister, beats by dre, giuseppe zanotti, celine handbags, herve leger, hollister, ferragamo shoes, timberland boots, soccer shoes, birkin bag, north face outlet, reebok shoes, converse outlet, mcm handbags, iphone cases, soccer jerseys, nike trainers, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, nike air max, p90x workout, wedding dresses, ray ban, mont blanc, instyler, jimmy choo shoes, vans shoes, hollister, nfl jerseys, louboutin, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, bottega veneta, longchamp, vans

6:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

moncler, moncler, moncler, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, canada goose outlet, hollister, swarovski, moncler, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, pandora charms, karen millen, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, montre pas cher, toms shoes, supra shoes, coach outlet, moncler, canada goose, bottes ugg, replica watches, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, swarovski crystal, canada goose outlet, links of london, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, moncler

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home