Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Ty all

for the support. I can't say I'm happy with my placement, but poker was never meant to be a nice or fair game. During the 14 or so levels i played, their were 2 that i played badly, my first and the 2nd last, where i went from 350k to 200K. I'm very happy I went through this learning experience, and I hope to improve in my game, so that I can take it a step further.

Some thoughts:

Deepstack poker is a very different kind of game than most of the tournies I play online.

Image is huge, to go from being "BodogAri" online to a 22 year kid, who according to some reports looks as young as 14, is a very interesting dynamic. Excluding all other factors, I'm given a significant amount of respect when playing online against a normal opponent. On the other hand, all other things held even, people were very likely to think that I could be bullied out of pots during this tourney.

For example, I had one hand, when blinds were 1200-2400 i believe, where i raised to 6500 under the gun, the button makes it 20K to go, and when it gets folded to me, I make it 65K to go, he then proceeds to go all in. In this situation, bet, raise, reraise, rereraise, my opponent is holding kk or aa, at least 80-90% of the time. I was only able to call his last raise, while viewing it within the light that he saw me, a kid trying to make the money. (About 70 left at the time, with 40 cashing.)

My last hand of the tourney, i think blinds were 3k-6k, and the under the gun player, spiro -55lucky55- makes it 18K to go, i reraise to 56K (around there) to see where I am at, and he immediately goes all in. Well, I could end the hand just there, being that he responded to my "Where am i at question?" with a "you're beat". But, i start thinking a little, and it occurs to me, that in the past he had played with his chips, delayed, etc. when he held monster hands, this time when he went all in so quickly, it almost felt the same as the online pushes that i'm used to seeing with ak. I had played with Spiro the entire first day, and a decent part of the second, so I knew he was solid, and therefore there was definately a chance, that he had an over pair.

In the end, the combo, of a very quick all in shove, me having significant money in the pot, and my "feeling", I chose to call. He showed AK, the flop came ace high, and i was sent packing.

3 Comments:

Blogger BodogAri said...

19, when i started to learn, 20 when i started to play.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

gucci outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, louboutin, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike roshe run, michael kors, louboutin outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, prada handbags, nike air max, nike free, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, longchamp, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, swarovski, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, bottes ugg, pandora charms, replica watches, moncler, toms shoes, canada goose, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, doudoune canada goose, louis vuitton, canada goose, sac louis vuitton pas cher, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, moncler, wedding dresses, links of london, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, moncler, swarovski crystal, moncler, karen millen, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora jewelry, canada goose, marc jacobs, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home