Bodog Ari

I'm Ari Engel and am also known as BodogAri online. I've played poker for a living for virtually my entire post-college life. In the last few years I have started teaching people my style and philosophy on poker tournaments. Many of them have done very well. If you are interested in getting my help, email: thebodogari@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

200 Sit and Go Cont. 2

I am big blind, and it gets folded to Sheets in the Small Blind. He has 1230 and goes all in to get the 100-200 blinds. I call with a5 and he shows a3, a board of axx3 scares me but a riv of 5 bails me out. I'm up to 3450 in chips and i get a5 on the button, it gets folded to the chip leader (who acts right before me) and he raises the 100-200 blinds to 400 (a minimum raise). I reraise him to 1200 with a5 and it folds back to him, and he reluctantly folds.

The next hand, it again gets folded to him, once again he min raise, and once again i reraise this time to 1400 with jj, it gets folded around to him, and he thinks for a bit and goes all in. In sit and go's unlike MTT's it is a much bigger sin not to cash, but i think i'm ahead, and there's already ton's of dough in the pot, so I call and he shows 1010. Unfortunately the turn brings a 10, and i am down to 635 in chips. Blinds are 100-200, so I'm def not in a good situation.

I get kj the next hand, and quickly go all in. It gets folded around to the Big Blind, who is also very short stacked (but has me covered). The BB, DCJ311, a top player, thinks for a bit, realizes that I am so short and could be doing this with anything, and calls with qj sooted diamonds. A k5310 board with 2 diamonds leaves feeling a little sick, but a blank on the riv and I have now doubled up and sitting with 1370.

I fold a few hands, and am now on the button, 5 handed, when it gets folded to me, I immediately go all in for 1220 into the 100-200-25(ante) with 99, and both the SB and BB fold.

A few hands later, I am now in the SB with 1270 after posting. It gets folded to me, and i go all in with 24 and the BB folds. Next hand on the button, it gets folded to me, i go all in with k8 and it gets folded. Couple hands later, I am BB, and the monster stack limps as the SB, I figure he'd raise with anything decent, and go all in with k10, and he folds.

One guy gets knocked out, and we are now 4 handed, where 3 pay, time to get hyper aggresive.
I am on the button, utg folds and I go all in with a4, both blinds fold. I am now UTG with a10 and go all in, the short stack button immediately calls, and after both blinds folds, flips over aj which holds.

I am now very short stack. Blinds are 200-400-25, and after posting my BB I have 900 left. The guy i just doubled up min raises UTG, and when it gets folded to me, I feel my kj needs to be played and raise all in. He is 100% commited to the pot and calls with 33. Fortunately a river J doubles me up.

A couple of hands later, I am UTG with a2 and go all in, all fold, and i pick up the needed blinds. Chip counts are now 7355, 3275, 2735 and 135. I have 3275. The 135 guy is UTG and all in, and the SB and I (BB) check it down. 135 more than triples up to 430 when his k2 high holds. Next hand he has 5 chips left after posting and it gets folded to me, my 810 goes all in against his j6, but 2 j's double him up again. Next hand, I go all in again with 77, and he calls with k9, this time I hold and we are down to 3. I wind up in 2nd after a whole bunch of not so interesting hands.

4 Comments:

Blogger BodogAri said...

ty mojorisin, glad u like. it's actually gonna help my game a ton, bec. i now i'm always thinking about the hand i play, always being the key part.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jordan shoes, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike free, sac longchamp, longchamp, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike free, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry, michael kors, gucci outlet, louboutin, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, nike outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, air max, nike roshe run, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, nike air max, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses

7:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

iphone cases, valentino shoes, north face outlet, converse outlet, vans, abercrombie and fitch, reebok shoes, herve leger, beats by dre, ray ban, nike trainers, lululemon, longchamp, louboutin, soccer jerseys, babyliss, insanity workout, wedding dresses, birkin bag, nike roshe, gucci, chi flat iron, nike air max, bottega veneta, mac cosmetics, hollister, nike air max, lancel, instyler, p90x workout, ralph lauren, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, vans shoes, mcm handbags, north face outlet, mont blanc, jimmy choo shoes, hollister, hollister, oakley, timberland boots, soccer shoes, new balance, celine handbags, ferragamo shoes, converse, baseball bats, nike huarache, ghd

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bottes ugg, canada goose, canada goose, toms shoes, ugg pas cher, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, montre pas cher, coach outlet, moncler, supra shoes, hollister, swarovski, moncler, replica watches, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, moncler, links of london, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen, pandora charms, moncler, ugg boots uk, swarovski crystal, pandora charms, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose uk

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home